Thursday, June 14, 2007

Busy All Day

Yesterday I made this bear:

So far it has no face, and maybe it never will. Mostly I was just looking for something to do with left over yarn a friend gave me, and this used up some of it. And I learned a bunch of new things, like how to use double point needles and how to pick up stitches. Maybe I should call him Scrappy, since he is all left overs. Even the stuffing is left over batting from a quilt I made a couple of years ago.

Speaking of quilts, I began working on one that has been a work in progress for about 5 years now. I bought all the fabric when I moved into my current apartment in GJ. About 3 years ago I got it all cut up, and started the sewing. Today I returned to the sewing. It would be nice to finish it in the next week or so, since I would like to find a home for it before moving out of my apartment. I might make it into a couple of throws instead of a queen size quilt.

I even started going through my clothes today. But that was incredibly boring, so I only went through the shirts. Now I have a pile of "discards" on the bed, and the closet isn't much emptier. I think I need to move more often than every 5 years. It will help me accumulate less stuff.

And the part that will be the best when I eat something later: I made bread too. This time with flax seed. Mostly the flax seed made it in there because I saw it in the fridge when I was pulling out the yeast, and it needs to be used. I think most of the seeds are still whole, I should have left them in the coffee grinder for a few more pulses. Owell, at least it looks cool.

No comments: