Saturday, June 27, 2009

Astoria, OR

Just a short post tonight, from Astoria, OR. We've been through to see my family in the Seattle area, where we were able to stay with my Dad and Stepmom. After 5 nights in hotels, it was very nice to stay somewhere familiar. It was also great to see my family again, even though it had only been a week since I left them to start on this trip. So thanks Carmen and Dad, for having us!

After leaving Seattle we headed north for Canada. We crossed the border on I-5, and then took a ferry over to Vancouver Island. We stayed in Victoria, BC, which was for lack of any better word: beautiful. We were there early enough to enjoy the city before bed, and left late enough today that Doug and I were out playing tourist this morning.

Today we took another ferry, from Victoria, BC to Port Angeles, WA. Then headed south to Astoria, OR. The ride was great.

More from me later. I need to get some sleep so I'll be ready for the ride tomorrow.

No comments: