Monday, August 13, 2007

Video Games DO Offer Life Lessons

Well, at least Tetris does. The better you can get at Tetris, the more efficiently you can pack boxes. And the more efficiently you can pack the boxes into the moving vehicle. I'm learning that as I go along, trying to pack the last of my apartment. I still have lots of furniture, but, it is sold. Kind of. A couple who has moved to the area has nothing, and will take most everything that is left, so long as they can get the money from their boss to pay me. And if not, another woman is willing to buy it all for her son, who is also just starting out. I ended up selling it dirt cheap, but every bit of cash will help me get to Seattle, and every bit can help either of the people who will end up with my stuff. So even though I would have liked to sell it for more, it is still a win-win situation. I just hope that I can find a similar situation when the time comes for me to get my next apartment. I think it will. I truly believe that what goes around comes around.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, Tetris gave me the skills I needed to move, maybe that's what they were thinking when they created the game. It's good to know that you're getting rid of stuff in your garage sale, money always helps in a move.