Saturday, August 11, 2007

Spammers Stop Spamming Me

Sometimes the internet turns out to be more of a hassle than a resource. I was very excited when Craigslist created a site for the Western Slope, since I had seen the site for other cities and always wanted to use it myself. But, as it turns out, it's not all that great. In fact, as it turns out, there are several people out there looking to screw you over. Lucky for me, I knew enough to not get taken advantage of (at least this time), but it was still a waste of time. All I wanted to do was sell my TV, and I thought that by listing it online I might do better than by just putting it my moving sale. Instead all I got were several emails asking me to ship the item to some far away place. It almost sounds real, the so-called buyer wants to pay for everything, but then there is that little fishy thing about sending a money order for nearly 10 times the asking price of the item. Turns out that all of the emails I got about my TV were from spammers.

I suppose it isn't all bad though, some of the people who came to my moving sale today did see my ad online. I only wish they would have bought more of the bigger things, like furniture. It is easy to load up my car with little stuff and find a place to donate it, but what about that super heavy couch that took the better part of an hour to get in my apartment? I hope I have better luck tomorrow.

No comments: