Wednesday, May 23, 2007

My First Knitting Project

I finally finished the first thing I ever started knitting today. It is a tiny purse, about 5 1/2 inches wide and 4 inches tall. I even lined it to keep it from over-stretching or from things falling through. I'm sending it to my sister for her birthday (which is today, guess that'll be late). It seems as though it took forever, since I could only do a row or two at a time. And I learned that 100% nylon yarn is very hard to work with. I think I might avoid that in the future.

I hope she likes it. It's a little crooked, but it is the first. Maybe once it gets broken in a little, it'll look better. I've already got a good start on the next project: a scarf. Though the yarn is acrylic, it's bulky, and I like the way it feels as it goes together. My colors aren't quite the same, but I am in it more to learn to do it, and my friend gave me the yarn for free.

No comments: