Saturday, June 16, 2012

Into the Second Trimester

Last Tuesday marked the start of the second trimester.  And probably the biggest change that happened was last week, when I found my jeans wouldn't button anymore.  Lots of girls have been suggesting belly bands in place of buttoning the jeans.  I had inherited a couple, but wasn't sure where they were so I tried one on at the maternity store.  I was not a fan.  If I wanted to be wearing something that snug, I would button my jeans.  Feeling stuffed into my clothes like a sausage is not comfortable, and I would like to avoid it as long as possible.  I finally came across the couple I was given, but they may be too loose to hold anything up yet.  So hair ties to hold the pants shut and long t-shirts to cover the gap it'll be for now.  Going through some hand-me-downs I did find a pair of maternity pants that I like and that I've been wearing.  They have a two inch band of elastic around the top and are super comfortable.  I hope to find more of the same as needed.

And for a belly pic:

No bump yet, the expansion seems to be pretty well-rounded.  Waist is 2 inches bigger than when I started, but still no weight gain.  Just existing weight shifting around on my body, though I can't say I've identified anything getting smaller.

My next appointment is in a week and a half.  Hopefully I will be meeting the midwife I've been assigned to.  At my last appointment she was attending the birth of another midwife, but was nice enough to call the next day and go over any questions I still had.  The biggest preexisting conditions of concern are the asthma and IBS, but she feels that as long as I can keep both well managed they shouldn't impact my pregnancy.

No comments: