Friday, July 20, 2007

Failed Sushi

For some reason, lately I cannot seem to get enough of the sushi rolls. I think more than anything it is the wasabi, which really makes no sense because I usually don't like hot stuff. So today I gave my culinary skills a challenge and attempted making my own. The results? Nasty. I ate two bites and threw the rest away. I think it is all my fault though. Instead of white rice, I decided I should give brown a try. And I used nori that I bought more than two years ago, that has been sitting in my pantry in a ziploc bag getting stale. So now what do I do? I think I should head to the store, buy some rice that is meant for sushi, and new nori as well. I don't think I'll be brave enough to try preparing raw fish in my own home, at least not this far from the coast. But just filling them with veggies should be enough to satisfy me until I get closer to a salty body of water.

I think I might even try the second batch tonight.

No comments: