Friday, April 27, 2007

More Potato Issues

So, after giving up on the potato zit cure (it never worked), I decided that it was time to make real mashed potatoes. After all, my potatoes were starting to grow little plants out of them, and at that point, the only think I think they are good for is a good boil and then a mixing with butter (it has to be real) and milk. Being as lazy as I am, I decided that there was no need to peel the potatoes into the sink, and then scoop them out for the trash can. Instead, I decided that my garbage disposal could use a good grinding, and I shoved them all down. I have been doing this the entire time I have lived in this apartment. About 5 years. But last night was different. My neighbor came by around 9pm to complain. Apparently, my potato skins caused his sink to back up, flooding his apartment. He said "this is the last time this happens" all stern like that would scare me. But really, it just annoys me. This has never happened before (so who is to say it was my fault?) and he was completely wasted (come to think of it, he is always wasted when he knocks on my door). And, if it really was a problem, wouldn't he have been all pissed off? Especially since he was drunk. But no, he was all calm (until he was trying to be stern), and then he walked back down the stairs without another word.

The good news though, is that I still have leftover mashed potatoes (those never go to waste around here), and today I am going to make bread with the potato water. I have never done that before, so I hope it works.

No comments: