Friday, July 9, 2010

New Plants

I've started growing a couple of different things. The first is broccoli.  I really like broccoli, and have been eating it in bunches. Good thing Doug likes it too.


I'm not really sure what is growing in this pot:


First I tried planting some herb seeds. The package I had was mixed, but I pulled out a few seeds that all looked the same, hoping for basil. After a few weeks when nothing happened, I decided to try bell pepper seeds instead. I figured that maybe the reason the last seeds didn't sprout was because my watering skills were junk. So I was better about watering. Instead of getting sprouts though, I ended up with moss.


Before trying anything else, I decided to see if stirring up the dirt would help.  It seemed rather compacted, so I figured it wouldn't hurt.  And now, a few days later, without planting anymore seeds, these two little guys popped up.  Guess I'll keep watering them and see what they become.  Hopefully I can tell soon, don't want to waste the pot on weeds.

No comments: